Confidentiality and Safeguarding
When you email us, your information will be kept completely confidential. There are however a few specific exceptions to this which are listed below:
- If there is reason to believe an adult’s life is in immediate danger
- If there is reasonable cause to believe that a child, young person or vulnerable adult is at serious risk of harm
- If disclosures are made relating to terrorist activity
- If ordered to breach confidentiality by a court of law or the police.
In all cases we will attempt to discuss this with you and tell you who we will be reporting to, and what information we are required to disclose.
Privacy and Data Protection
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are required to state what data we collect, how we process it and your rights in relation to your data.
Your data will never be passed to any third parties without your consent (except in the specific safeguarding circumstances listed in our confidentiality policy). It will only be used for the purpose of replying to your enquiries.
At any point you have the right to:
- Request to access the data we hold about you
- Request that your data be erased
- Request that your data be amended/rectified
Any requests relating to your data can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.